Mobile Check Deposit is a convenient, secure feature of My Provident Mobile that allows you to deposit a check anytime by capturing an image of the
check using your mobile device.
- • Select Deposits. Follow the New Deposit prompts to make a deposit quickly and easily from your mobile device.
Endorse the Check
- • You must properly sign your check on the back or it will not be accepted by the Mobile Check Deposit app.
- • You must include the phrase "For Deposit Only Provident Bank Mobile," under your signature.
- • $7,500 per item and per business day.
- • At the Bank's discretion, deposit limits may change from time to time, without notice.
- • If a deposit exceeds your per item or daily deposit limit you will receive a message.
- • Deposits that exceed your per item limit will need to be made at a branch.
Checks that are not eligible for Mobile Deposit
- • Checks payable to others (anyone not an owner on the account).
- • Demand drafts or remotely created checks.
- • Substitute checks.
- • Checks that are irregular in any way (i.e. numerical and written amounts are different).
- • Checks previously returned unpaid for any reason.
- • Checks that are postdated or more than 6 months old.
- • Checks drawn on a foreign bank or payable in a foreign currency.
- • Checks payable to "Cash" or "Holder."
- • Checks drawn on another account owned by any of the account owners.
- • Registered government warrants.
- • Checks that appear altered, or that you suspect may be fraudulent, or not properly authorized.
Funds Availability and Cutoff Times
Deposits made through Mobile Check Deposit are not available for immediate withdrawal. If you need the funds sooner, please make your deposit at a Provident Bank branch.
Deposits are subject to verification. Our general policy is to make funds available the next business day after your deposit (if the deposit is made prior to the applicable cut-off time on a business day)
- • Deposits submitted before 4:00 PM Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) will generally be available by the next business day.
- • Deposits submitted after 4:00 PM or on a non-business day will be processed the next business day and will generally be available on the following business day.
What to do with your check after your deposit is made
After you have verified the mobile deposit posted to your account:
- • Note the date of the mobile deposit on the back of the check to prevent accidentally attempting to deposit the item again.
- • Keep the marked check for 14 days, in case it is needed for verification purposes.
- • After 14 days, destroy the item by shredding.
- • Make sure you have properly endorsed "For deposit only to Provident Bank Mobile."
- • Ensure that you have good lighting.
- • Place the check on a dark surface.
- • Show all four corners of the check in the camera frame.
- • Hold the mobile device as steady as possible to avoid blurring.
- • Hold the device parallel to the surface, not at an angle.
- • Take a picture of both the front and back of the check.
- • Make sure there is a strong wireless or data signal.